Tuesday, January 31, 2012

COMMIT TO ACCOMPLISHING MY OWN GOALS TOMORROW

                                     " I'll worry about that tomorrow,"  said Scarlett O'Hara.  That's what my horoscope says I should do.  So I will since I've done nothing that I'd planned to do today.  Instead I gardened,cleaned out a closet,  tidied up the house and made plans to go to Colorado soon.  HMMMM.  I'm really on task-NOT! 
The Indian River - Titusville, Florida
                                       Yesterday I TCBed for hours and the day before too.  Enough is enough.  Give it a rest.  Fortunately it was clear and gorgeous yesterday so I was able to ride over the bridge to Canaveral National Seashore and the longest stretch of undeveloped beach in Florida.  That's why I moved to Titusville.  But I get the vapors when I drive if there's even the slightest humidity or heat in the air.  My car is tiney so gas fumes collect easily in the car and make me dizzy.  It bothers no one else except me.  It mainly happens if I'm HUNGRY,ANGRY,LONELY OR TIRED= H A L T.  Dehydration also factors into these attacks.  I passed all my blood tests but last year I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia.  So that helps me avoid the vapors by eating every two hours.  That's also the solution for panic attacks.  It rarely gets above 80 in the winter here in Central Florida so I never fix my AC which breaks every year when the freon oozes out.

                                        The greenery glistened as I drove my Miata the six miles out to the ocean and the 24 mile long sand dune.  First I stopped at the Visitor Center to see if the resident alligator was sitting on the island in the pond.  He was not.  I walked on the boardwalk through the saw tooth palmettos(Florida's state tree).  The cool nights and fresh air made them bright and green.  When I reached the beach toll booth, i realized I had lost my senior National Parks pass.  The attendant let me anyway.  I still can't find it after searching the house.  Hopefully it is in my jeans' back pocket.   Before I started to feel faint while driving I used to drive out to this enormous beach every day.  The same woman park worker always checked my pass.  One day I forgot it and she wouldn't let me in.  Luckily she retired and they have some normal humans now.
                                  I looked in all my clothes.  I still can't find my pass.  Uh oh.

1 comment: