Thursday, March 1, 2012

CONSENSUS

                          GO ALONG, IS THE ADVICE OF MY HOROSCOPE GURU WHO THINKS I STILL WORK AND MUST GET ALONG WITH MY CO-WORKERS. 

What job do I have?  Rocket Scientist?  Pizza chef?  ER surgeon?  Scrub Nurse?  Whatever it's consensus that I must do.  Earth to Guru:  I'm retired since 2000.  I have no co-workers.  I have co-dependents-not the plastic underwear Depends although I'm ready.

Even retired in this economy or lack there of, we have to make decisions.  My best one is to buy a used Corvette now that I have another garage available.  I've bought Chevrolets before.  They break down as soon as you get them out of the showroom.  My Japanese cars just kept on running.  My Miata is original from the year 1990 and still purring.  If I hadn't taken it to Firestone for a gas line cleaning at 30,000 miles, it would be perfect.  Ever since then I have gas fumes in my car.   Also they never fixed my AC correctly.  The freon is always pouring out.
                             The Camaro up above was my first brand new car in 1967.  I crashed it a month later near Columbia University in NYC.  After getting stitched up at Roosevelt Hospital, I took three French exams and then drove the damaged car back to my house in the suburbs in low gear I was so upset.  My father came down from White Plains and helped me.  The local garage in Montrose put it back together again.  It stalled every morning.  So finally after 60,000 miles I gave it to my sister whose hippie boyfriend ran it into the ground on bald tires for a couple of years.  Then I bought a Chevrolet Vega with an aluminum engine that was guaranteed to overheat.  I bought a gorgeous Buick once too that had to hav ethe engine replaced twice.  Finally my brand new car purchases improved when I bought Fords'  When I bought Japanese cars, at last I never had a problem.
                                       The bailout of Detroit was necessitated by Americans getting fed up with bad design and engineering of American automobiles.  The Japanese knew how to design a car that kept on running.  America went from American Apple Pie to Japanese Sushi.  
                                   SEE THE USA IN YOUR CHEVROLET.
                          THEY SAY GAS WILL HIT $6.00 THIS YEAR. "TIME FOR A GAS GUZZLING 8 CYLINDER MONSTER," SAID MRS. NEANDERTHAL OBTUSELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment